Serra da Estrela Tour
When the landscape is breathtaking… fancy stroll through it slowly.
For tours with children and groups over 5 people ask for more information
Duration in hours:11h (8h30 - 19h30)
Pick-up:Porto - Gaia
Drop-off:Porto - Gaia
Guide languages:PT, EN, ES, FR
- Reviews (0)
- Important Informations
Serra da Estrela is the highest peak in mainland Portugal. It’s ideal for a winter getaway or to discover new and exciting places and gastronomy!
More than a mountain, Serra da Estrela is a region. The Parque Natural is divided between six municipalities, extending over 101,000 hectares of landscapes.
At Serra da Estrela time gets a new pace, through the winding paths and boulders that seem to perch in the air. The rush disappears in the altitude of the mountains, and calm accompanies us in the typical mountain villages, among the trees and along the waterways. The largest mountain range in mainland Portugal makes us feel tiny at the sheer size of its imposing valleys, marked by the white ice of glaciers.
Culture is an important aspect of Serra da Estrela. We will visit the Bread Museum in Seia, where you will discover the secrets of humanity’s first domesticated food source. After this short break, we proceed to the main attraction of the visit: the summit of Serra da Estrela. You will have some free time to play in the snow or visit the Torre and its store of local products. Finally, on our way day down we will pass the city of Covilhã. After a short stop in Guarda for coffee-break we will finally head back to Porto.
Included in the Experiences:
- Pickup and Drop Off at the accommodation site in Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia;
- Entrances on the visiting locations included in the Experiences;
- Activities included in the Experiences (tastings, etc.);
- Lunch and other meals on scheduled stops;
- All activities are insured as required by law.
Not included in the Experiences:
- Personal expenses;
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Experiences.
- AC vehicle;
- Bottled water;
- USB outlet for charging mobile devices.
- Pricing is per person;
- A discount is granted when booking 4 or more adults;
- Children between 5 and 12 years old only pay half price;
- Free for infants up to 4 years old.
- The presented timeline works as a guideline and it can be tailored to suit the needs of the clients.
- The routes in each Experience can be adjusted according to the interest of the clients, with previous notice.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle.