Serra da Estrela Winter Tour
When the landscape is breathtaking… fancy stroll through it slowly.
For tours with children and groups over 5 people ask for more information
Duration in hours:11h (8h30 - 19h30)
Pick-up:Porto - Gaia
Drop-off:Porto - Gaia
Guide languages:PT, EN, ES, FR
- Reviews (0)
- Important Informations
Serra da Estrela is the highest peak in mainland Portugal. It’s ideal for a winter getaway or to discover new and exciting places and gastronomy!
The Experience begins from the moment I pick you up in Porto. While in the car an explanation will be given regarding the history of the region of Serra da Estrela.
After a 2h drive, we will arrive at Coudelaria Madre de Água. Once there, we will be greeted at the Cheese-making facility with a degustation of typical products from Serra da Estrela – Wine, cheese, jams, and olive oil.
After the degustation, we will follow the process of producing the cheese, from milking the Bordaleira sheep to curing the cheese. We will also interact with the animals that produce the milk for the cheese: the sheep and goats. A visit to the vineyards will follow, considered the best ones in the Dão region.
Afterward, we will interact with different animals, typical of the region: Serra da Estrela dogs, Cats, Chicken, Pheasants and the Lusitano horses.
The lunch will be served at the restaurant of the farm – the traditional meals of the region, but with a modern twist!
After lunch, we will head towards the tallest point in Portugal – the peak of Serra da Estrela. There you will have some free time to explore the site, the shops, take pictures or – who knows – build a snowman!
We will then get back to Porto – where we will arrive by 7 PM.
Included in the Experiences:
- Pickup and Drop Off at the accommodation site in Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia;
- Entrances on the visiting locations included in the Experiences;
- Activities included in the Experiences (tastings, etc.);
- Lunch and other meals on scheduled stops;
- All activities are insured as required by law.
Not included in the Experiences:
- Personal expenses;
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Experiences.
- AC vehicle;
- Bottled water;
- USB outlet for charging mobile devices.
- Pricing is per person;
- A discount is granted when booking 4 or more adults;
- Children between 5 and 12 years old only pay half price;
- Free for infants up to 4 years old.
- The presented timeline works as a guideline and it can be tailored to suit the needs of the clients.
- The routes in each Experience can be adjusted according to the interest of the clients, with previous notice.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle.