Duration in hours:5 h (8:00 - 13:00)
Pick-up:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Drop-off:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Guide languages:PT, EN, ES, FR
- Reviews (0)
- Important Informations
Our destination lies in the heart of the Douro, between Régua and Pinhão.
The emblematic Quinta that we are going to visit is strategically located at the confluence of the Douro and Tedo rivers.
We start by visiting the vineyards and the Pombaline Landmarks that are in this property and that served to delimit the 1st Demarcated and Regulated Zone of the World.
Back to Quinta we can visit the wineries, the winery and taste some exclusive and award winning wines, which make this small producer one of the best in the Region. The wines are accompanied by other products typical of the Douro, such as bread, cheese, olive oil and sausages.
During the visit, we will discuss the measures that this Farm is promoting to reduce its environmental impact and also how we can learn and incorporate some of these measures into our daily lives.
We suggest ending the experience with a lunch with Chef Thomas Egger. Thomas Egger is an Austrian chef who has been based in Tabuaço for 15 years and is the only Green Chef in Portugal, demonstrating his environmental concern in the confection of traditional Douro dishes.
He also developed his own line of products, namely olive oil, olives and wine.
After lunch, we head to the waterfront once again. This time we will visit the village of Pinhão and its beautifully decorated train station. Walking in the Pinhão quay we will see the place where the barrels were loaded onto the Rabelo boats and the changes that occurred when the dams were built.
Lastly we will hear to Casal de Loivos for our last wine tasting and enjoy the scenery ate the historical viewpoint.
Included in the Experiences:
- Pickup and Drop Off at the accommodation site in Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia or Douro;
- Entrances on the visiting locations included in the Experiences;
- Activities included in the Experiences (tastings, etc.);
- All activities are insured as required by law.
Not included in the Experiences:
- Lunch or other meals at unscheduled stops;
- Lunch can be provided and the Experience can be extended for an extra fee.
- Personal expenses;
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Experiences.
- AC vehicle;
- Bottled water;
- USB outlet for charging mobile devices.
- Pricing is per person;
- A discount is granted when booking 4 or more adults;
- Children between 5 and 12 years old only pay half price;
- Free for infants up to 4 years old.
- The presented timeline works as a guideline and it can be tailored to suit the needs of the clients.
- The routes in each Experience can be adjusted according to the interest of the clients, with previous notice.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle.