Duration in hours:5 h (8:00 - 13:00)
Pick-up:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Drop-off:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Guide languages:PT, EN, ES, FR
- Reviews (0)
- Important Informations
The Experience begins from the moment I pick you up in Porto and drive you to our destination in the Douro Valley.
While in the car an explanation will be given regarding the history of the region.
After a 1h30 drive, we will arrive at Quinta do Tedo. I will guide you through the terroir, explaining the particularities of this wine-producing region and the grape varieties that make it unique. A guided tour, wine tasting, and tapas lunch with wine pairings will follow.
After lunch, we will have a brief stop at Pinhão and its beautiful train station, with azulejo tile panels that perfectly illustrate the traditions of the Douro Valley. Still at Pinhão, a 1h boat cruise will lead us upstream to discover the terraces of great vineyards, giving you a unique perspective from the river.
Lastly, the Douro has other interesting products and not just wine. We will visit an old olive oil mill, turned into a museum. There we will have the chance to taste more wines and, of course, olive oil.
The stop in the neighboring viewpoint (considered the Best in the Douro Valley by the BBC) will crown our day!
Included in the Experiences:
- Pickup and Drop Off at the accommodation site in Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia or Douro;
- Entrances on the visiting locations included in the Experiences;
- Activities included in the Experiences (tastings, etc.);
- All activities are insured as required by law.
Not included in the Experiences:
- Personal expenses;
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Experiences.
- AC vehicle;
- Bottled water;
- USB outlet for charging mobile devices.
- Pricing is per person;
- The presented timeline works as a guideline and it can be tailored to suit the needs of the clients.
- The routes in each Experience can be adjusted according to the interest of the clients, with previous notice.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle.