Douro Valley – Wine and Stars – Voucher
For tours with children and groups over 5 people ask for more information
Duration in hours:5 h (8:00 - 13:00)
Pick-up:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Drop-off:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Guide languages:PT, EN, ES, FR
- Reviews (0)
- Important Informations
To redeem this experience, please contact us by email and provide the order number and the chosen date for the experience. More instructions are available on the voucher.
Before booking, please be aware that this is an afternoon and night-time experience. Be prepared to get back to Porto around 1 AM. This activity is weather-dependent! Please contact me before booking!
The Experience begins from the moment I pick you up in Porto. While in the car an explanation will be given regarding the history of the region.
After a 1h30 drive, we will arrive at Casal the Loivos, so that we can enjoy the best viewpoint in the entire valley! We will then descend to Pinhão for a 1h cruise on the Douro. Then we will visit Quinta do Tedo, have a guided tour of the Vineyard, ending with a Port tasting. Afterward, I will guide you through the terroir, explaining the particularities of this wine-producing region and the grape varieties that make it unique.
A dinner will follow, also at the vineyard, with wine pairing.
Once the sun sets, we will head to the top of the hills, away from major sources of light pollution. While our eyes grow accustomed to the darkness, I will set up the telescope and then we will begin the night sky observation. We will see the moon and its seas and craters, Jupiter and the Galilean moons, Saturn and its rings, some stars and constellations.
Once we wrap up the observation, we will head back to Porto. You can rest and enjoy the peaceful trip back to Porto in the luxurious and quiet Tesla!
Included in the Experiences:
- 1 Voucher per participant
- Pickup and Drop Off at the accommodation site in Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia or Douro;
- Entrances on the visiting locations included in the Experiences;
- Activities included in the Experiences (tastings, etc.);
- All activities are insured as required by law.
Not included in the Experiences:
- Lunch or other meals at unscheduled stops;
- Lunch can be provided and the Experience can be extended for an extra fee.
- Personal expenses;
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Experiences.
- AC vehicle;
- Bottled water;
- USB outlet for charging mobile devices.
- Pricing is per person;
- The routes in each Experience can be adjusted according to the interest of the clients, with previous notice.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle.