245,00€ – 1.050,00€
Where innovation meets tradition.
Duration in hours:11h
Pick-up:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Drop-off:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Guide languages:PT, EN, ES, FR
- Reviews (0)
- Important Informations
Our first stop is in a small olive oil press which has been turned into a Museum. This family has been producing for over 4 generations not only olive oil, but also excellent wines and important regional products such as almonds, honey and grape juice for children.
Near this Museum is located one of the best calling cards of Douro, the Viewpoint of Casal de Loivos, with an amazing view over the river and Pinhão, where we will be heading next.
On Pinhão peer, the only electrical rabelo boat in the world awaits us for a small trip upstream, where can see some vineyards and Quintas are located, otherwise unavailable through any other means of transport. Coming back from the boat ride, we will check out one of the most beautiful train stations in Portugal. Pinhão train station has sixteen tile panels representing the wine related processes typical of Douro Culture.
For the lunch break, we will go on a quiet ride on National Road 222, enjoying the beauty of the river view, until we reach the restaurant Tábua D’Aço, in Tabuaço.
The restaurant belongs to Chef Thomas Egger, an Austrian Chef who’s been living in Tabuaço for the past 15 years and is the only Green Chef in Portugal. He received this nomination for showing his environmental concerns by cooking the typical Douro dishes with only biological products grown on the region. He has also recently started his own line of products, namely olive oil, olives and wine.
Now that we have regained energies, we are ready to visit the Quinta. This Quinta has been classified as a Monument of Public Interest and the manor house, with a small library and a chapel, has kept its structure for over 200 years. The visit is hosted by one of the most ancient families in Douro, whose actions helped shaping the region as you know it today. Finish this magnificent journey with a tasting of this Quinta’s fabulous products.
On our way back to Porto, sit back, relax and listen to some music of your choice.
Included in the Experiences:
- Pickup and Drop Off at the accommodation site in Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia or Douro;
- Entrances on the visiting locations included in the Experiences;
- Activities included in the Experiences (tastings, etc.);
- Lunch and other meals on scheduled stops;
- All activities are insured as required by law.
Not included in the Experiences:
- Personal expenses;
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Experiences.
- AC vehicle;
- Bottled water;
- USB outlet for charging mobile devices.
- Pricing is per person;
- A discount is granted when booking 4 or more adults;
- Children between 5 and 12 years old only pay half price;
- Free for infants up to 4 years old.
- The presented timeline works as a guideline and it can be tailored to suit the needs of the clients.
- The routes in each Experience can be adjusted according to the interest of the clients, with previous notice.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle.