225,00€ – 975,00€
It’s time to get down and dirty!
Be a part of the harvest process, from picking the grapes to the “lagarada” – treading the grapes.
Duration in hours:10h30 (8h30 - 19h00)
Pick-up:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Drop-off:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Guide languages:PT, EN, ES, FR
- Reviews (0)
- Important Informations
Septembre is that month marking the Harvest. It is a time of great work and a unique opportunity to foot tread the grapes and make your own wine!
This Experience begins in Régua where we will meet our first host: Douro Museum. This learning center will show us all about the region, its history, the processes related to wine culture. The transport of the barrels, the historical characters, associated histories and legends are other highlights of this first stop.
The lunch break, which will include a wine tasting, will be held at the Museum’s Restaurant. Alternatively, you may choose a wine-paired lunch at the Quinta we will be visiting during the afternoon.
Now that we have acquired some knowledge, we can put it to practice. We head on to the Quinta to join in a harvest and lagarada – foot treading. Stomping the grapes is a unique experience, resulting from a secular tradition. Winemakers believe there is no substitute that can grant the wines their unique and distinctive characteristics. In the end, we will have a traditional snack with wine tasting, courtesy of the Quinta.
Starting our journey back to Porto, take this time to relax and enjoy the quietness of the ride and the beauty of Douro Valley landscape.
- Foot treading participation is an activity subject to the winemakers' approval.
- This is a seasonal Experience and only available during the month of Septembre.
Included in the Experiences:
- Pickup and Drop Off at the accommodation site in Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia or Douro;
- Entrances on the visiting locations included in the Experiences;
- Activities included in the Experiences (tastings, etc.);
- Lunch and other meals on scheduled stops;
- All activities are insured as required by law.
Not included in the Experiences:
- Personal expenses;
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Experiences.
- AC vehicle;
- Bottled water;
- USB outlet for charging mobile devices.
- Pricing is per person;
- A discount is granted when booking 4 or more adults;
- Children between 5 and 12 years old only pay half price;
- Free for infants up to 4 years old.
- The presented timeline works as a guideline and it can be tailored to suit the needs of the clients.
- The routes in each Experience can be adjusted according to the interest of the clients, with previous notice.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle.