Douro Flowering Almond Trees
225,00€ – 975,00€
It’s time to get down and dirty!
Be a part of the harvest process, from picking the grapes to the “lagarada” – treading the grapes.
Duration in hours:10h30 (8h30 - 19h00)
Pick-up:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Drop-off:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Guide languages:PT, EN, ES, FR
- Reviews (0)
- Important Informations
The flowering of the Douro Almond trees occurs in the second half of February. Crossing two World Heritage Sites, we will explore this Douro wonder
The Route starts at the end of S. João da Pesqueira, the county seat. We will visit the center and then proceed until Vila Nova de Foz Côa, delighting in observing the incredible white landscape along the way. Bit by bit, it will be unraveled the Legend of the Flowering Almond Trees.
Once we arrive at Foz Côa, lunch break follows. The restaurant shares a magnificent view, alongside its delicious and refined food and wine tasting.
After lunch, we continue our journey to Freixo de Espada à Cinta, on the border of Spain. Here we can visit the Castle and be amazed by its singular view over the Douro and beyond.
Starting our way back to Porto, see the contrast of the scenery on the North of the River, the final section of the Flowering Almond Tree Route. Once more, due to the extension of the course, we will need to stop at the quick charger in Vila Real. Listen to some music of your choice and relax on the way back.
- This is a seasonal Experience and only available during the month of February.
Included in the Experiences:
- Pickup and Drop Off at the accommodation site in Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia or Douro;
- Entrances on the visiting locations included in the Experiences;
- Activities included in the Experiences (tastings, etc.);
- Lunch and other meals on scheduled stops;
- All activities are insured as required by law.
Not included in the Experiences:
- Personal expenses;
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Experiences.
- AC vehicle;
- Bottled water;
- USB outlet for charging mobile devices.
- Pricing is per person;
- A discount is granted when booking 4 or more adults;
- Children between 5 and 12 years old only pay half price;
- Free for infants up to 4 years old.
- The presented timeline works as a guideline and it can be tailored to suit the needs of the clients.
- The routes in each Experience can the according to the interest of the clients, with previous notice.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle.