285,00€ – 1.225,00€
Duration in hours:11
Pick-up:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Drop-off:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Guide languages:PT, EN, ES, FR
- Reviews (0)
- Important Informations
The best of what the Douro has to offer, in a new, top of the line, deluxe program with only private visits!
Our day starts in Porto with an early pick-up. Our first stop is the Douro Museum, where you will learn about the history, the wines and the traditions of a Douro Valley with a private guided tour. To open your appetite, a glass of Port wine will be served at end of the visit.
Afterward, we will head to a Vineyard – we call them “Quintas” – that has the most beautiful views over the surrounding terraces – our “socalcos” where grapevines grow and mountain ranges in the distance. Very small producer, with top of the line wines. Putting the knowledge you previously acquired, you will see where the grapes are grown, the lagar where they are foot-treaded and the barrels where the wine rests and ages. Of course, a tasting is mandatory and you will find a small producer with quality surpassing big houses.
After the visit, the lunch break follows, in a Restaurant with the best view over the river. After lunch, we descend to the water’s edge to enjoy a small electric boat cruise, the only one in the country. From the dock of Pinhão, we can see the vineyards and farms located upstream, in a route that is not otherwise accessible. Still in Pinhão you will have the opportunity to visit the most beautiful railway station in Portugal, with sixteen panels of tiles, alluding to the processes related to wine, typical of the Douro culture.
To finish the day, and since the Douro is not just wine, we will also know an old olive oil mill, transformed into a museum, belonging to the same family for four generations. Here we can taste different but equally typical products of the region: olive oil, honey, and almonds, as well as a small sample of wines – in a breathtaking landscape. During the return to Porto, you will have the opportunity to rest to the music of your choice.]
Included in the Experiences:
- Pickup and Drop Off at the accommodation site in Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia or Douro;
- Entrances on the visiting locations included in the Experiences;
- Activities included in the Experiences (tastings, etc.);
- Lunch and other meals on scheduled stops;
- All activities are insured as required by law.
Not included in the Experiences:
- Personal expenses;
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Experiences.
- AC vehicle;
- Bottled water;
- USB outlet for charging mobile devices.
- Pricing is per person;
- A discount is granted when booking 4 or more adults;
- Children between 5 and 12 years old only pay half price;
- Free for infants up to 4 years old.
- The presented timeline works as a guideline and it can be tailored to suit the needs of the clients.
- The routes in each Experience can be adjusted according to the interest of the clients, with previous notice.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle.