For tours with children and groups over 5 people ask for more information
Duration in hours:11 h (8:00 - 19:00)
Pick-up:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Drop-off:Porto - Gaia - Douro
Guide languages:PT, EN, ES, FR
- Reviews (0)
- Important Informations
The experience in Foz Côa begins with the famous rock engravings. This visit is carried out with the accompaniment of a local tourist guide that takes us to the places where our ancestors left the testimony of their existence during the Paleolithic superior (between 22,000 and 10,000 years ago).
It is the largest set of outdoor engravings in the world, classified as World Heritage by Unesco in 1998. The lunch break takes place in the Côa Museum restaurant, with dishes and wines typical of the region and with evidence of other local products .
Besides the refinement of the meal, we can also delight ourselves with the landscape that surrounds us. After lunch, a guided tour of the Museum takes place, where we learn a little more about the prehistoric societies that inhabited the region and left their mark here.
Finally, on the way back to Porto, we went to more inland and less explored paths, passing through villages and key villages in the Douro region. The highlight of the tour is National 222, considered the best road in the world. After a brief stop in Régua, we return to Porto.
This Experience does not allow the participation of infants (children aged 4 or younger).
Included in the Experiences:
- Pickup and Drop Off at the accommodation site in Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia or Douro;
- Entrances on the visiting locations included in the Experiences;
- Activities included in the Experiences (tastings, etc.);
- Lunch and other meals on scheduled stops;
- All activities are insured as required by law.
Not included in the Experiences:
- Personal expenses;
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Experiences.
- AC vehicle;
- Bottled water;
- USB outlet for charging mobile devices.
- Pricing is per person;
- A discount is granted when booking 4 or more adults;
- Children between 5 and 12 years old only pay half price;
- Free for infants up to 4 years old.
- The presented timeline works as a guideline and it can be tailored to suit the needs of the clients.
- The routes in each Experience can be adjusted according to the interest of the clients, with previous notice.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle.